Researchers, extension educators and representatives from the impatiens production industry are working together along with AFE to control impatiens downy mildew.
AFE has compiled resources below for growers, landscapers and retailers:
- Alternatives to Impatiens, a consumer-friendly website addressing possible concerns about impatiens and offering advice about alternatives from the Michigan State University Extension. There is also a mobile version of the site, which can be assessed directly or by using this QR code.
Download the following from the Greenhouse Grower website:
- Everything You Need To Know About Impatiens Downy Mildew
- How To Grow SunPatiens
- Growers Look To Limit Downy Mildew Losses
- Ball's Mike Klopmeyer On What To Do in 2013 About Impatiens Downy Mildew
- Ball's Guideline for Growers
- 7 Tips For Protecting Impatiens From Downy Mildew
- FloriCAST: Downy Mildew On Impatiens
- Your Impatiens Might Have Downy Mildew If...
- How To Overcome Downy Mildew Spread On Impatiens
- BASF's Kathie E. Kalmowitz on Downy Mildew
- Impatiens Downy Mildew - Background, Biology, and Treatment
- A Practical Approach for Landscape Gardeners
- Breeding Impatiens Landscape Substitutions
- Impatiens Disease Prevention Schedule
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available, so check back. Updates will also be posted on the AFE Facebook page.
AFE is providing these resources for informational purposes only.