Call for Proposals - PUBLIC BENEFITS RESEARCH
Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2012
**Updated to include plants as well**
The American Floral Endowment (AFE) is seeking proposals for research for funding this year that would fall under the following public benefits categories:
AFE is ready to fund a one-year project not to exceed $20,000. If you or someone in your department is interested in submitting a proposal to conduct this kind of research, please complete the Pre-Proposal Application.
- The impact of flowers and plants on the giver and receiver as opposed to other gift categories.
- The perception of flower and plant gifts versus other gift alternatives.
- The influence of flowers and plants on an individual’s physical or emotional health.
- The influence of floral products on social interaction.
- The impact of flowers and plants on the environment (e.g. improved air quality)
- The determinants of satisfaction with a floral / plant purchase.
- The motives and barriers surrounding the purchase of cut flowers and plants.
- Studies of particular interest would be those that result in public benefit with the possibility that it would in turn help to improve floral industry sales.
To see reports from previously funded Public Benefits Research Projects click here.
AFE's Public Benefits Research Committee will review all the submissions and request a full proposal from our top candidates in late September.
Pre-Proposals should be received by Friday, August 31. Full Proposals (if requested) must be submitted 30-60 days upon request.
If you have questions please feel free to contact